Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Cades Cove, TN
Friday, May 26, 2006
And the Winner is . . . . . . . . .
I forgot my Blog Anniversery
Thursday, May 25, 2006
I might just take this also
What should I take on Vacation (Contest)
- My Denise Needles
- My summer sweater project
- A original scarf pattern that I am knitting up for the shop
- and a choice between two other projects
- A mystery shawl [3 different yarns 1 skein each and #15 needles] (1)
- An original Felted Bag [1 base wool yarn,3 skeins and 3 different novelty yarns (2)
Ok, I need help with the last two which one should I take. Let me know by picking either #1 or #2
I will throw the names in the hat tomorrow afternoon [Friday, May 26 at 4pm]
All picks need to be in by 3:30pm est to count.
One Skein of Novelty yarn: Please pick a color from the following list and list it in your post.
It's the SOUL PATROL
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
The Arts & Scraps Swap
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Another interest sparking post
Japanese craft books
I am sorry that these are so small but I could not get them any bigger without losing my sidebar.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
I have been Surfing
Week 6 of Whip up
Week 6 And I decided to make something for this contest. This is the Geisha Bag: I created a foundation pattern out of a canvas fabric and then I pieced the fabric on it using the foundation method of quilting. I then put decorative machine stitches on each seam line. I also added beads and buttons as a detail to the front top of the bag.
This bag was very fun to make and I really enjoyed the process.
The buttons that are on the bag are the ones that I recieved in the button swap on Swap-Bot
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
- Denim Bags
- Great links and more Translated
- Jaca Jaca this is a handmade botique that has great ideas for small items
- More Bags
These are all Japanese websites and you might want to use Google Language tools to Translate the pages for you. I find the pictures are better that the words because the meaning gets lost in translation.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
A Wonderful Mother's Day
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Sitting Here Crying
I just had to again
|Your 80s Heartthrob Is|
Friday, May 12, 2006
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Father -in-Law Update
I thought I would let you all know that as of Yesterday it has been a week since My FIL recieved his Lung Transplant. He is doing very well and will be coming home early on Monday. He has completed each step ahead of scheldule.
- He came off the Ventelator in less that 24 hours
- out of ICU in under48 hours
- His drain was out in less that a week
- he was up walking in under a week
- and he will be coming home under the normal 14 day stay.
Thank you all for your prayers over the past few months and I did not post about this any earlier because I wanted to make sure that he was doing good before I told anyone else.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Second Book is on is way
Coming soon from Yes Asia
- You will make a Handbag or Tote Bag out of fabric and fill it with items to help someone learn a new craft.
- The themes for these can be one of the following: *
- Needlework *
- Knitting *
- Crochet *
- Cross Stitch *
- Beading *
- Jewlery Making
- You will send a book on the new craft, and enough items to complete one or two project form the book.
- The Value for this swap is $40- $50
- When you get your swap partners name you will have 3 months to get to know this person to get an idea about what to send, and have time to collect the items that are to be included in the tote bag.
- To keep postage cost low I would like to limit this swap to USA AND CANADA ONLY PLEASE
- If you would like to sign up for this or any of the other great swaps on Swap-Bot all you have to do is sign up for a FREE account.
- Here is the swap info
SP7 Questions and Answers
- 1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love Ribbon Yarn What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Cheap Acrylic, I love anything else I am not that picky I just don't like Wal-mart yarn.
- 2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a Denise Set and I use whatever is around
- 3. How long have you been knitting? 6 years Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate
- 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes it is in my Sidebar
- 5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Citrus
- 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes Very, Favorite candy? Twix, Kit Kat,
- 7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Sew, Make Handbags, Quilt, Do you spin? Yes
- 8. What kind of music do you like? DC Talk, Toby Mac, Super Chick, Switchfoot, Lifehouse Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have an I-Pod
- 9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I love Spring Colors and Autumn Colors, I also the combinations of Pink and Green and Pink and Brown. Any colors you just can't stand? Dull Colors
- 10. What is your family situation? Married 2 daughters. Do you have any pets? 5 horses, 2 dogs (outside), 8 Chickens, 1 Guine Pig
- 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves
- 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? anything with chunky yarn (quick Knits)
- 13. What are you knitting right now? about 8 things, ( a sweater sample for the shop, a shawl for Shae, ababy Blanket, a wrap for me,etc)
- 14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them and I love making them
- 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have a Denise Set and I love Bamboo
- 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have both
- 17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself while on Bedrest with my Oldest Daughter 6 years ago
- 18. How old is your oldest UFO? Over a year a Cape that I started for my daughter.
- 19. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
- 20. Is there anything that you collect? Buttons and Ribbon
- 21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Any Japanese Craft Book Crafting Japanese Has some great ideasWhat knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interveave Knits, and Crochet
- 22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intralac
- 23. Are you a sock knitter? Sometimes What are your foot measurements? Size 7.5 shoe
- 24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) October 21