Thursday, April 27, 2006
Pictures from a few busy days
What I have been working on....
- Here are a few picture of the items thaf I have been working on over the past few days.
- The first picture is of a Bottle cap pincushion and a knitted flower and a few mini pincushions that I plan on making into flower pins or I might make then in to hairbows I still have time to decide.
- The second picture is of a super large tote bag that I decied to make because I need an extra bag for my yarn purchases that I make when I am away on vacation. (it is as big as it looks)
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
I just had to
- I plan on making a pincushion for this challenge.
- I really what make this and the free template is here.
- I really like this one also, the template is here.
- This Whip-Up Tutorial is reall good for this project as well.
- I have used this one to make a pincushion. The picture is on my camer but I do not have to cord so I will updated this post tomorrow.
A few busy days
- Sunday, after church we left for St. Augustine, FL to pick up a Motor home to take to Destin, FL.
- On Monday we picked up the Motor Home and I started out driving it and my DH was driving the truck,pulling the 5th wheel trailer.
- After about 20 miles I decied I needed to be in the truck and not drive the MH
- After we swaped we drove to with in 1.5 hours of our destination and the MH started to over heat so we had to stop for a while and let it cool down.
- :-) I found a shopping mall to park in front of. I got to go shopping on this trip. YIPEE.
- After we got back on the road it looked like everything was going to be fine until we were only 60 miles to the drop off point and the MH died. It would go no further . We did make it to a truck stop so we were able to park it.
- We had to leave the motor home at the truck stop and continue to Destin with the 5th wheel trailer.
- We made it there with no more problems and while my DH was getting it parked and set up I was able to take the girls to the beach. I forgot my camera so no beach pictures this time around.
- We decied to find a unique place to eat that we could not find at home and we ended up at Pompano Joes. ( I was planning on putting a picture here but I left my camera cord at home this morning)
- Pompano Joes is directly on the beach and the windows are open and your tables are right under them and you are able to hear and look at the waves while you are sitting there and we were able to watch the sunset from our dinner table. It was very beautiful.
- We were planning on comming straight back home at the beginning of the day but with all the unexpected events of the day we got a hotel room right off I-10 and decided to get up early and head home.
- Tuesday, as we were getting ready to leave we recieved a phone call from a company that my husband handles all of their transporting need and they neede him to pick up a trailer in Tallahassee, FL so we headed back their to pick it up and after a few stops along the way we made it home a day late and a few dollars more in our pocket , at 9pm
- The good news out of it all is that I did get to knit most of the way and I have my top down sweater knitting to below the armhole so I do feel like I have got something done and I finished half of a book that I picked up on the trip. I was also able to try out a few new yarns that I have gotten in at the shop.
- I hope that I can have pictures loaded tomorrow. I have been doing other crafting than just knitting during Use What You Have Month.
Friday, April 21, 2006
I may just have to Crochet
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Charity Project update
I would like to say think you to:
- Mira in NY
- Beth in Roswell , GA
For sending yarn I plan on adding it in this weekend
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
This is great
From My Swap buddy
This is the items that I recieved from the Use What You Have Materials Swap.
Check out the Use What You Have photo pool
- Church Business Meeting
- My cousin's Wedding Reception ( I was trying to get a gift done in time for another cousin's b-day)
- On the beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) on our ladies retreat
- In the Grocery Store Check out line
- While Getting a Pedicure
Saturday, April 15, 2006
A little explination
- I am working on my first knitting book
- I have only been knitting projects for this book
- My writing has consisted of chapters in this book
- I hope to have it in stores by christmas
I hope that this is enought explination for my lack of significate knitting content.
PS. I am still working on the charity project also and I hope to have anothe rin progress picture next week.
I hope you all have a good weekend. I have a Birthday party to throw for my now 4 year-old Shae.
Friday, April 14, 2006
Podcasts that I love
There are lost more out there and check out I tunes as it seems like new ones pop up every week. I will post any new ones that I here about as often as possible. (don't forget, even if you do not have an I-pod you can still listen on your computer)
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Better Late Than Never
Charity Project Update 2
I would like to think everyone that has sent yarn for this project and I hope to be get alot more done on it tonight.
I would like to send thank you's out to a few that have sent in yarn. I have to get a picture of the yarn that has been sent in so far.
- Keri from GA
- Carol from Honolulu
- Mira from New York
- The Yarn of the Month Club
- Niki from NC
- I have had a few more but the bags are in my knitting basket at home waiting to be added to the quilt.
If you see your name and you would like to be linked please email me and I will post your link.